Symptoms of Dehydration In Body – Because of increasing heat and changing lifestyle, nowadays most of the people are becoming victims of lack of water in the body. Water is very important for our body because our body is 70% water. If there is lack of water in our body then we can become victims of diseases. So today in this article you will know that, Symptoms of Dehydration (Dehydration Symptoms), 10 signs of dehydration, Effects of dehydration, diseases that cause dehydration in adults, Symptoms of severe dehydration and symptoms of dehydration in man and women.
By drinking the right amount of water, our body flushes out toxins and all the organs and parts of our body are able to function well. If we do not drink the right amount of water, it has a negative impact on our health. Due to lack of water in the body, problems like dehydration, constipation, and urine infection can occur.
Often we are not able to understand the lack of water in the body, in such a situation we have to understand the symptoms of water deficiency. So let us know what it is?
Dehydration meaning ?
Dehydration means when your body losses more water than you take in. Lack of water in our body means dehydration. If you suffering from dehydration then your body will give you some symptoms of dehydration in body.
Symptoms of Dehydration In Body – 10 signs of dehydration
Lack of water means dehydration. Now you will know the symptoms and prevention of dehydration (Symptoms of severe dehydration).
- Feeling thirsty – If you feel thirsty again and again even after drinking water and your tongue and throat become dry, then it is a symptom of lack of water in the body.
- Change in the color of urine – If there is a change in the color of your urine, i.e. it is yellow in color instead of watery, then it indicates that there is a lack of water in your body.
- Dry Skin – If your skin is always dry then the amount of water in your body is less, hence you should increase the amount of water.
- Dry Lips – If your lips always remain dry and cracked then it indicates lack of water.
- Less urine output – If you are not able to urinate freely, it is indicating that your body is low on water, then you should increase the amount of water you drink.
- Laziness – Due to lack of water, blood pressure in the body goes up due to which you may feel tired. There is weakness in the body and one also feels dizzy. If you feel something like this then you should drink more water.
- Muscle Cramp – Due to dehydration and lack of water, the electrolyte balance in the body starts deteriorating and muscle cramps (muscle strain) start occurring. This is also a symptom of lack of water.
- Bad smell from the mouth – Due to water content, less saliva is produced in the mouth and bad smell starts coming from the mouth. If you still have bad breath despite cleaning your mouth and teeth, then start drinking more water.
- Too much sleep – If you are feeling too sleepy and not feeling drowsy, then your body is losing water, in such a situation you should drink more water.
- Constipation – lake of water in body cause of constipation. Because water make our digestive system fast but due to lake of water our stool make hard and you may suffer from constipation.
Why is there lack of water in the body?
- Drinking less water than required – Drinking less water than we require in a whole day leads to water deficiency in our body
- Excessive sweating – Even if you have the problem of excessive sweating, there is lack of water in your body.
- Staying long time in the sun – In the summer season, if you keep roaming in the sun for a long time without eating or drinking anything, then due to dehydration your body starts sweating, due to which there is water deficiency.
- Loose motion – Even if you have the problem of loose motion, water in your body reduces.
- Rushed lifestyle – If your lifestyle is hectic and you do not get any time for yourself, then you drink less water which also leads to water deficiency.
- Due to illness – If you have a fever or are sick, you feel less thirsty, which can lead to dehydration.
Disadvantages of dehydration – Effects of dehydration
If there is a shortage of water in the body, it causes a lot of harm to our body. If there is lack of water in the body during the summer season, it can even take your life.
- Urine Infection – Due to frequent lack of water in the body, your risk of urine infection (UTI Infection) increases. Our body also removes waste materials from our body through urine. In such a situation, if we drink less water then the balance of our body gets disturbed and many diseases occur. Due to lack of ability to pass urine due to drinking less water, you may feel a burning sensation while passing urine. The proper functioning of our kidney and urinary system depends on the level of water. Sometimes the risk of urine infection also increases. Due to lack of water in the body, the color of urine becomes yellow or black and it may also smell bad.
- Diseases of the digestive system – Due to lack of water in the body, the production of digestive enzymes decreases. This causes stomach problems like acidity, nausea and vomiting. Apart from this, one can also become victim of diseases like ulcer and gastro.
- We may get heatstroke – In summer and due to lack of water in the body, we may get heatstroke. All this could be due to hot winds. In such a situation, due to lack of water, the body is not able to balance the external temperature and the internal temperature and becomes victim of heat stroke.
- Burning sensation in hands and feet – Burning sensation in hands and feet, discomfort in the nerves can be due to lack of water in the body. It is also related to BP. Excessive lack of water can cause restlessness in the nerves. Apart from this, lack of water increases body heat and causes burning sensation in the feet.
- High BP & Low BP – Due to lack of water you can become a victim of High BP & Low BP. Water helps in maintaining proper blood circulation in our body. Due to lack of water in our body, the nerves of our body get affected and if blood circulation is not proper, you can become a victim of high BP and low BP.
Diseases that cause dehydration in adults
If there is always a lack of water in the body, there is a risk of many diseases.
- UTI – urinary tract infection
Due to lack of water, your risk of getting urine infection increases. Water balances the hormones of our body as well as maintains the pH balance of our body and works to remove harmful substances from the body. Due to lack of water, harmful bacteria start accumulating in the bladder and spreading, due to which urine infection occurs.
- Joint Pain
The main cause of joint pain is friction between the joints and this happens due to moisture between the joints. When water decreases in the body, dehydration occurs and friction between the joints increases and moisture decreases. Therefore, you must drink at least 2 liters of water throughout the day.
- kidney stone problem
When there is lack of water in the body, the kidneys get affected and they are not able to function properly. Therefore, toxins are not cleared properly from the kidneys and they get accumulated in the kidneys and take the form of stones.
- Low BP
Due to lack of water, blood circulation in the body does not occur properly and the heart’s blood pumping speed also slows down, due to which you may have the problem of low BP.
Tremors occur due to lack of electrolytes in the body. When there is lack of water in the body, the electrical function of the body remains affected. Because the circulation of minerals through blood is affected, sodium and potassium do not reach the brain properly. Due to this, communication between brain and body gets disturbed and tremors occur.
How to fulfill the lack of water in the body? – prevention
You can prevent dehydration in the body in these ways.
- Drink water regularly
- Drink fresh juice, lemon water, aam panna also.
- Drink coconut water
- Eat fruits and vegetables having water content like cucumber, orange, lemon, watermelon.
- Reduce consumption of tea, coffee and alcohol.
- Drink more water in summer season
- Drink ORS solution twice a day
- While going out of the house in summer or sunlight, always carry a water bottle with you.
- Consume curd and buttermilk daily
Conclusion : In this article you got information about Symptoms of Dehydration In Body (Dehydration Symptoms), 10 signs of dehydration, Effects of dehydration, diseases that cause dehydration in adults, Symptoms of severe dehydration and symptoms of dehydration in man and women.
I hope Symptoms of Dehydration In Body, its Causes and prevention help you to make hydrate your body everyday.
Read This :
What are the 5 warning signs of dehydration?
Change in the color of urine
Less urine output
How do I know if my body is dehydrated?
Lack of water means dehydration.
Feeling thirsty – If you feel thirsty again and again even after drinking water and your tongue and throat become dry, then it is a symptom of lack of water in the body.
What are the 7 signs of dehydration?
Change in the color of urine
Less urine output